Wednesday, February 23

your dark daze



He hauls me to a dark daze, where flickers of light become eternally lost beneath the blackness, where wind makes mountains shiver, where life bears no child. 

When the moonless, meandering path appears through the thick blanket of mist I will run from you.

________________________________________


I've had such a busy week so far. Uni is so busy and vibrant, it's exhilarating! I'm looking forward to Monday when the lectures begin, but until then I'm just going to (try to) relax, sleep well and have some fun with some lovely girls I met. I don't want to jinx it, but I feel like it's all going uphill, I just hope it lasts. Apologies for the short piece, I can't seem to sit in one place long enough to write something of decent length. I do hope you are all having a lovely week. x

photo by vinny gillian 


12 comments:

Joanna said...

"where life bears no child." This is so final and yet enchanting. It evokes such curious emotions. Oh! I'm so glad to hear you're finding your feet at university. I wasn't sure if you got my reply, but I sent it to your email :) xxx

kerrod said...

it's good to hear you are having such an exhilarating time at Uni. all the best!

even though this piece was short, it is still so enchanting.

with love,
xx

Anonymous said...

You write with such beauty and eloquence, oh I love it. The accompanying photograph is mesmerising. I am so happy that you're enjoying uni, dear. I wish and hope that it will continue and increase forevermore. x

Kaleidoscope Girl said...

It may be short but it is spectacular. So vivid and surreal. I love the transitions and the ending is powerful...

Anouk said...

"He hauls me to a dark daze, where flickers of light become eternally lost beneath the blackness, where wind makes mountains shiver, where life bears no child."
- and that photography...
it's always great to be here.

Georgia said...

amazing shot

c. said...

Ohh short but sweet! Beautiful as always.

I'm glad to hear uni is working out for you. I'm in my second year and craving more, i'm thinking of adding a minor of literature to my degree. Oh uni, what fun excitement.

Nora said...

i love this picture! ;)

Hila said...

so glad to hear you're enjoying it :)

Julia said...

oh, this is so wonderful. so glad uni is smoothing itself out for you. and the photo is a perfect explosion of angels and snow. x

. said...

Hey!! i have a new blog now.♥

Gypsy Gardens said...

of course it will all go well lovely :)
i love how you write what's going on in your life, it's like catching up with a friend everytime i come to your blog :)
:**