Friday, April 8

summer

The bitumen boils in the summer. The insomniac streets are home to all bodies; they sleep not during this season. 

We were dressed in sheer clothing, our skin touching as we walked. Our lips were red, cracked from the dry heat, our hair golden from the sun. Our smiles were so bright and warm with the daylight. We always looked the most forward to the afternoon rain in the summer; it was as though the day's steam danced up into the clouds and magically turned into thick drops or rain. They began to fall from the sky, and the rest of them packed up and left, but we stayed, finally alone. That airless, musty smell filled our noses as the rain simmered on the hot street. Our browned skin became visible through our wet clothing, and you pulled me to your body and kissed me. We peeled off our clothing and ran into the empty sea, the grey sky grumbling above us.



 _______________________________________________


I deeply apologise for my absence. My only excuse is that uni has made me think academically, not so much imaginatively or creatively. Today, I'm doing both. I will start doing both more often. Thank you for your lovely comments, I'm in the process of catching up on your delightful blogs now. Much love, x




photo by coolhandluke

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah the typical Aussie summer, heat then storm.

Nice words and I hear you when it comes to uni. All left side brain work instead of right.

Gypsy Gardens said...

summer is such a dreamy state of mind, especially through your words.
much love to you babe :)

c. said...

I love the feeling of rain on a warm day. It's so relieving, and satisfying, and always produces rainbows :)!

Damn uni! That's exactly my problem, i've lost my imagination through all the academic readings and musings. So sad.

kerrod said...

beautiful words.
all the best for your academics.

with love,
x kerrod.

Kim said...

How beautiful. I love this.
I study art and yet I have the same problem. I overcook my brain creativity. Then i'm rinsed when it comes to words. Reading this gets me all inspired. I have a free morning tomorrow, i'm going to go back and read some more of your lovely words. x.x.x.

brooklyn. said...

i adore this.

your words are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oh, beauuuutiful words. So evocative & lovely, you're so very very talented. I know what you mean about university forcing you to think a different way - but if this post is anything to go by, you're clearly very good at both :) xx

Anonymous said...

You have a way with words. Now I miss summer terribly. x

Anonymous said...

so, breathtakingly beautiful, love.

Alice Tollbring said...

australia sounds amazing! summer all year round. hopefully i'll go there one day.

wish you all the best. x

Hila said...

I'm glad to hear though that you're so absorbed in university life :)

Anonymous said...

"the grey sky grumbling". every time i re-read this post i find something new to love :) xx

Christina said...

I'm always amazed by the way you write! Incredible! And love the photos you post as well, nice combination!

Sina Kauri said...

thoughts. memories ... thank you love.

Anouk said...

no problem ;-)

we want summer, huh?

m. said...

i have so much love for you.
xo

Carlita las Vegas said...

wherer do i get ur photos from?
i like ur texts.
unfortunately u wont understand mine but i feel close to people who like writing too.

xx
carlita