Friday, July 29

Frightened


It frightens me to think that you when you breathe, your hot breath exhales into the air of somewhere I am not. We once shared breaths as I grew inside your womb; my flesh is your flesh. The warm blood that runs through your veins run through my own. Your caring, kind nature dances with my spirit. My memories of your motherly nurturing and love escape me not, will escape me never. And this is why even though you are not physically here in this country anymore, you never actually left. You'll always be with me.
This thought makes my cracked lips turn into a smile, and I want you to hug me like the time I stuck my finger in the airport luggage conveyer belt even though you told me not to. I was being silly and naughty, but you didn't punish me; you hugged me. It hurts that I cannot hug you now, but I know everything will be okay. I miss you.




This photo is by me. I never use my own photos, but I want to show you now and tell you that my other passion besides writing is photography. I will show you more soon.

18 comments:

Mia said...

Beautiful as alwyas! I love escaping in your world of words! And I can't wait to see more of your photos! :)
Hope you're well :)
X Mia

Anonymous said...

nice

mlartigue said...

pretty soft colors :)

Valmai said...

Oh, dear. Missing someone is so hard at times. It almost haunts you. Soon, you will see her again. Photography...I love so much. I also have a passion for it. I'd Like to show you my own work.
this picture is beautiful. In fact, I gazed at it a long time before I even started reading. looks like a film camera. Is it?
You are amazing in every way!

brooklyn. said...

Oh this writing is beautiful, darling. Like always. I could never grow bored of your words. They are stunning. You also have such an exquisite eye! I love the photograph. You have a talent in photography as well, dear.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh I really love this post. It's sad but I can feel so much love in your words. Love you <3

Anita said...

Lovely photography and you have such a great way with words.
http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

hehey! thanks for the visit !I'm followingg you, can you follow me ? ;) and can you put a translator in your blog ? :D i'm spanish and i wish read that you put on your blog!
Greets :
http://www.motivaland.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

this is the most beautiful gift to your mother. i hope you shall be reunited again soon. your photography is wonderful and i look forward to seeing more. x

Jada said...

So not only are you a great writer, you're an amazing photographer! Is that film or digital? Beautiful.

Jasmin said...

Wow, this is lovely. The text; the picture. xx

Anonymous said...

So adorable the photo <3

haze said...

my darling, i have found a new home. http://moon-lore.blogspot.com/

Sana said...

Your blog posts always amaze me, you have such a way with words and I can feel the emotions you put into them. I hope you're okay btw, everything will get better. x

Alexandra said...

Beautiful. Photo and words.

shannonmaree said...

you're writing is such a refreshing change, it's really beautiful.
Oh, and the photo's so dream-like and lovely too.

Anonymous said...

love it.
can't stop to say that your blog is pretty amazing!
xoxo

Unknown said...

This was really challenging for me. I felt really emotional reading it. It's so beautiful. x